GoPro Motorplex Turns Up The Heat! Mooresville, NC
As the title suggests, it was hot! I was worried about the temp in my ’64 as we sat on 77N trying to make the event, but the big 4 core aluminum radiator from Champion matched with the Spal electric fan kept us as cool as can be expected on a 97 degree day. We arrived just after 6:00pm and the parking lot was already half full with various types of rides. I rolled past the Detroit Speed tent in search for a parking spot and almost lost my breathe when I saw what they brought to the party. I immediately knew we were going to see some high end builds at this event.
Highlights from the June cruise-in at the GoPro Motorplex in Mooresville, NC:
- Over 250 vehicles and 700+ attendees
- Wide variety of rides. We saw things like Derek Brown’s Autocross monster, a 1967 Ford F100 (Ranger) and an impromptu articulating suspension side show courtesy of a few proud Jeep owners.
- Food Truck – ‘The Big Woodie‘ was on-hand serving up a hot mouthful. Follow @thebigwoodie on Instagram.
- Kick ass, live music by the band Indefinite. I think the oldest band member is maybe 20, yet a majority of their line-up was epic rock at it’s finest! Check this kids out, you’ll be a fan.
- Discounted pricing on kart rental. Who doesn’t love that?
- Parade lap on the GoPro Motorplex track under the lights and sunset.
Missed the June event? No worries, you can still catch the July 19th or the August 16th events. View future events at the GoPo Motorplex